Sunday, 1 December 2013
Here's what you need to do to make one:
1. Make a big ring out of wire. I used wire that was about 3mm thick, and got my husband to close the ring with pliers. I used a dinner plate to make sure it was a circle.
2. Cut a lot of fabric strips (I used around 50). They should be about 7 inches long and and inch and a half wide. You can cut them as you go if you prefer.
3. Tie the strips on one by one. Double knot them: make the first note quite tight and the second knot loose. Keep going until there's no space left.
4. Add a ribbon or a string to hang it from, if you like that sort of thing. I used a headband from American Apparel that was too tight for my head.
5. Put a nail in your door if you don't have one already, to hang it from.
Tuesday, 5 November 2013
I'm now working at my new school in Seoul. Because the school just opened in September, we didn't have many toys and resources at first. But finally our water tray arrived, and we have been having so much fun with it! For this week we tossed in some glitter, sequins, and these linking toys that are in different shapes. You can use them to measure things or sort them by colour or shape.
Wednesday, 19 June 2013
Saturday, 18 May 2013
I wanted to make this clay Donut kit all week, but managed to wait until the weekend. This kit lets you make clay donuts and cakes, and then use them to make key chains and phone charms. I'm looking forward to my move to Korea, when I will most certainly need to charm my phone or risk being socially shunned.cake jewellery kit, except this one contained 3 key chains and 2 phone charms instead of the rings and necklaces included in the cake kit. This kit had moulds of different kinds of doughnuts and bakery goods, which were super fun!